Program Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Certificate of Proficiency in Drafting will be able to:
- Use AutoCad software to complete construction documents for a structure or mechanical system.
Click here to view Institutional Learning Outcomes.
The drafting program at UACCM examines a wide range of drafting and design experiences to better prepare students for entry-level positions in the drafting industry. The program introduces students to the drafting profession, principles, and the technology used within the different drafting fields.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Students should take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
- Prospective drafters should be able to do detailed work accurately and neatly.
- Students should have a basic understanding of mathematical concepts, including geometry and trigonometry, as well as computer skills.
- Drafters should have good interpersonal skills, because they work closely with engineers, surveyors, architects, and other professionals.