Early Childhood Development
The Early Childhood Development (ECD) program combines classroom study and field experience with children birth to eight years of age. Students gain an understanding of the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth and development of all children within an inclusive environment. An associate degree and two certificate options are available in this program.
- The first course a student is advised to take is Early Childhood Competencies, which is an introductory course that covers the competencies necessary for meeting the needs of young children.
- Students need good written and oral communication skills.
- Students should enjoy working with young children.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Students should take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
- Clean criminal background check
- Clean child maltreatment check
- FBI background check (if an Arkansas resident for less than six years)
- Some courses require recent influenza immunization and TB test.