Almost 80 percent of students in the United States change their major at least once, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. College students on average change their major at least three times over the course of their college career.
Figuring out the right career plan offers the following benefits:
- Finding an academic major/career that you have interest in
- Matching your skills and abilities to a major/career
- Avoid taking unneeded courses
- Graduating on time (in a 2-year plan and transferring to a 4-year university)
- Understand how your personality plays a role in your career
- Finding a major/career path that fits your values
- Long-Term Career Satisfaction
Career Planning is offered to incoming and enrolled students with Licensed Counselors.