UACCM’s Honors Program offers enhanced opportunities for academic excellence, community service, and personal enrichment. The Honors Program is designed to promote a rigorous academic curriculum for eligible talented and motivated students. The Honors Program provides an enhanced intellectual environment to encourage critical thinking and varied opportunities to expand communication along with cultural and community awareness.
The Honors Program is available to incoming freshman, current, and transfer students. At least 13 credit hours of Honors-designated courses and 30 hours of service learning are required for a student to graduate as an Honors Program graduate along with a program grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 (honors-designated courses) and a cumulative GPA of 3.5.
Must be admitted to UACCM
Meet the following criteria:
High School or Entering Freshman (Must meet two of the four following qualifications)
- High School GPA of 3.5 (based on 6 semester) on a 4.00 Scale or GED 640
- ACT Composite score of 24 or above (or Comparable ACCUPLACER Scores)
- AP Exam with a score of 4 or 5
- 6 hours of concurrent credit (ACTS courses) with a GPA of 3.5
Current UACCM Students or Transfer Students
- 12 college-level credit hours from UACCM or from an accredited institution with a 3.5 GPA
Submit an UACCM Honors Program Application
An admission essay (see the application for topics), two letters of recommendation, and an interview are required.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Honors Program Scholarship Policy
The Honors Program Scholarship is a $500 scholarship for UACCM students who meet the following criteria:
- There will be up to five (5) scholarships awarded each fall and spring semester to students accepted into the UACCM Honors Program
- Enrolled in at least one honors-designated course in the semester of award
- Student must have completed at least 12 college-level credit hours
- Student must have a 3.50 cumulative GPA from UACCM or transfer institution(s) and maintain a 3.25 GPA in honors-designated courses.
- Applicants over the age of 22 will be given scholarship preference
- Renewable for two semesters (total of 3 semesters). Renewability is contingent upon continuous enrollment in at least one honors-designated course and maintaining a 3.25 GPA in honors-designated courses and a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Scholarship awards are contingent on the availability of appropriate funding and are not guaranteed. The College reserves the right to limit scholarship awards.
The UACCM Honors Program Application and required supporting materials must be submitted by the following due dates.
- Priority Deadline - February 1
- Final Deadline - June 1
- Priority Deadline - September 1
- Final Deadline - December 1
Applications to the Honors Program submitted later than the final deadline date of submission for the fall or spring semester will be processed the next semester. Only after the application and supporting materials are complete will the application be reviewed.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communication Skills
Communication skills exhibited by learners in the honors program will demonstrate competency in written, oral, and nonverbal communication strategies
- Critical Thinking
Critical thinking is a habit of mind characterized by the comprehensive exploration of issues, ideas, artifacts, and events before accepting or formulating an opinion or conclusion
- Cultural and Community Awareness
Cultural and community awareness promotes the quality of life in communities. Civic commitment requires students to develop a combination of knowledge, skills, and values to benefit individuals and communities. It means becoming an actively-engaged member of the community
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate competency in communication skills
- Students will critically analyze evidence to formulate a conclusion
- Students will develop the requisite knowledge and skills to engage in the community