High School Completion Status Verification
Provide one of the following documents that indicate the student’s high school completion status when the student will begin college in 2019-2020. Your financial aid cannot be processed until all documents are submitted.
- A copy of the student’s high school diploma
- For students who completed secondary education in a foreign country, a copy of the “secondary school leaving certificate” or other similar document.
- A copy of the student’s official high school transcript that shows the date when the diploma was awarded.
- A State certificate or transcript received by a student after the student passed a State-authorized examination that the State recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED test, HiSET, TASC, or other State-authorized examination.)”
- An academic transcript that indicates the student successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree
- For a student who was homeschooled in a State where State law requires the student to obtain a secondary school completion credential for homeschooling (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent), a copy of that credential.
- For a student who was homeschooled in a State where State law does not require the student to obtain a secondary school completion credential for homeschooling (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent), a transcript, or the equivalent, signed by the student’s parent or guardian, that lists the secondary school courses the student completed and includes a statement that the student successfully completed a secondary school education in a homeschool setting.