Need Tax Return Information or Transcripts?
The IRS offers 3 easy options:
- Online - See complete instructions below.
- Call - 800-908-9946 and follow the voice prompts.
- Mail - IRS Form 4506-T (or Form 4506-T-EZ), Request for Transcript of Tax Return. IRS forms are avaiable online at www.irs.gov or by calling 800-829-3676.
These transcripts are mailed to your home address, free of charge. Allow 5-10 business days for delivery.
Transfer Tax Information Into Your FAFSA® Form With IRS DRT
When given the option, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool replaces the need for most tax transcripts. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) electronically transfers your federal tax return information into your FAFSA® form. It's easy (transfer info with the click of a button.) It's fast (instantly retrieve your information.) It accurate (correctly fill in your information.)
- Log in to your current FAFSA® form or start a new application at fafsa.gov.
- In the finances section of the online form, you will see a "Link to IRS" button if you are eligible to use the IRS DRT.
- Click the "Link to IRS" button and log in with your FSA ID to be transferred to the IRS to retrieve your info.
- Once at the IRS site, enter your information exactly as it appears on your federal income tax return and click the "Submit" button.
- Check the "Transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA® form" box, and click the "Transfer Now" button.*
- You will know that your federal tax return information has been successfully transferred because the words "Transferred from the IRS" will display in place of the IRS information in your FAFSA® form.
*For your protection, your tax information will not be displayed on either the IRS site or fafsa.gov
To learn more about the IRS DRT, visit studentaid.gov/irsdrt.
Online instructions for ordering a tax transcript:
- Visit www.irs.gov.
- Click “Get Your Tax Record” on the homepage of the IRS website.
- Choose to order “Online” or by “Mail”.
- Make sure that when given the option to choose, that you order a Tax Return Transcript for the year 2018.
- Please sign the bottom of your transcript before turning in to the Financial Aid Office.
- If a Letter of Non-filing is needed, please complete IRS form 4506-T and mail/fax it to the IRS or complete the interoffice form in the UACCM Financial Aid office.
- Flip to back page for more information.