Home Financial AidVeteran Services

Veterans Affairs (VA Benefits)

Educational benefits are available under the GI Bill for eligible servicemen and women, veterans, spouses, and dependents. Veterans may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation if they suffered a service-connected disability in active service, and if the VA determines that they need vocational rehabilitation to overcome the disability. Veterans who entered the military on or after July 1, 1977, may receive benefits under the contributory plan. Complete details should be obtained from a VA counselor. Generally, survivor’s benefits and disability benefits are available to survivors of deceased veterans, spouses, spouses of living veterans, and children between the ages of 18 and 26 years when death or permanent and total disability has occurred. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information about VA benefits.

Checklist for Incoming Veterans

Step 1

Complete the Admission Process.

Note: Veterans also have the option of taking the COMPASS exam free of charge at Ft. Roots. Call Dave Clayton at 501-257-1649 for more information.

Submit Immunization Record

Submit All College/University Transcripts

Submit All Military Transcripts.

Step 2

Create an FSA User ID and Password and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.

Your FSA ID serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records. You will need your FSA ID to access your federal student aid records online in order to view or make changes to your records. Dependent students will also be required to have a parent create their own FSA user ID and password.

While completing the FAFSA, be sure to add UACCM's code 005245.

Note: Applying for financial aid is a process. Completing the FAFSA is only the beginning.

Step 3

Apply for VA Benefits at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/apply.asp.

VA benefits include: Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves, REAP, and Dependents' Educational Assistance/Survivors Benefits.

Step 5

Submit all required documents for the Pell Grant, Student Loans, and other financial aid

Please note that the Fianncial Aid Office cannot begin processing applications for a new award year until March of each year. For example, the 2018-2019 applications cannot be processed before March 2018. - to Financial Aid applications will be processed as quickly as possible.

Examples of supporting documents that MAY be requested:

  • UACCM Admissions Requirements (Call 501-977-2053 to check your status.)
  • Verification worksheet
  • IRS tax return transcript
  • W-2s
  • Evidence of child support
  • Parent(s) IRS tax return transcript (if dependent student)
  • Parent(s) W-2s (if dependent student)

Step 6

Book Your Advising appointment to establish an educational plan and register for classes.

Visit the Registration Dates page to determine when appointments are available and instructions on how to schedule your appointment.

Step 7

Pay for Classes In Full or Set Up a Payment Plan.

Pay in person by visiting the Student Accounts window in the University Center. Payment plans may be setup online by following these instructions.

(Post 9/11 and VA Rehab do not need to do this step.)

Step 8

Begin Classes!



Service members can apply for disability compensation and rehabilitation benefits by completing form 28-1900 and forwarding it to the Veterans Administration. The form can be obtained at www.gibill.va.gov.

Veteran students may have their benefit checks electronically deposited to the student's bank account. If you prefer to receive your VA check by direct deposit, you can call 877-838-2778 with your account information or online through the W.A.V.E. system at www.gibill.va.gov


Important Phone Numbers

Education Benefits


Other VA Benefits (Local Regional Office)


Monthly Verification of Enrollment & IVR (Interactive Voice Response System)