Why is it important for your child to go to college?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor…
- 75% percent of all jobs require training and education beyond a high school diploma.
- 80% of the top 50 fastest-growing jobs will require education beyond high school and 40% of all new jobs will require at least an associate degree.
- Jobs that require post-secondary education will account for 42 percent of projected new job growth through 2010.
- 75% of the current workforce will need significant retraining in coming years.
- Students with associate degrees earn approximately $250,000 more during their lifetimes than high school graduates.
- Community colleges like UACCM are a great way to prepare you for a smooth transition to a four-year college or fast track to a rewarding, in-demand career in just one to two years.
- 45 percent of all first-time college freshmen in the United States attend a community college.
- UACCM will offer your child the opportunity to build a solid educational foundation by providing academically challenges and career preparation in a friendly, warm atmosphere.
- As a graduate of UACCM’s Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree programs, you child will be highly valued by the state’s four-year colleges.
- Transfer agreements ensure that students can move on to a four-year college without the fear of losing credits. Students who work closely with advisors to make sure they stay within the transfer program guidelines should have a seamless transfer.
- Transfer scholarships are available to those UACCM students who maintain a good grade point average. These scholarships range from a specific monetary value to full room and board.
- UACCM’s Associate of Applied Science degrees and Technical Certificates focus on practical applications along with classroom theory and activities designed to build your child’s teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills. This will make them highly valued by today’s employers.
- UACCM is large enough to offer its students activities, but the small campus promotes a friendly campus atmosphere, a sense of belonging, and an ease of getting around. The college offers students extra-curricular activities such as an intramural sports program, involvement with student organizations, and fundraising and community service opportunities. Participation in social activities and organizations will enhance your child’s learning experience.