UACCM awards an Associate of Applied Science in Business degree. The AAS in Business degree provides a foundation to prepare students to enter the workforce. The three options in business are accounting, business administrative technology, and retail marketing. The option does not appear on the diploma but will appear on the transcript. Only one Associate of Applied Science in Business degree can be awarded per student.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Students should take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
- Students should plan electives early to ensure completion of courses within the desired time frame.
- Students should plan to study two hours per week for every one hour in class.
Academically challenging courses give you the communication, analytical, teamwork, and leadership skills needed to move into supervisory management trainee positions, small business ownership, sales, and other related careers.
Graduates who complete the accounting option are employed as:
- Accounting assistants
- Accounts payable clerks
- Accounts receivable clerks
- Bank employees
- Payroll clerks
Graduates who complete the business administrative technology option are employed as:
- Administrative assistants
- File clerks
- General office assistants
- Data entry clerks
Graduates who complete the retail marketing option are employed as:
- Advertising sales agents
- Department managers
- Management trainees
- Owners/managers of small businesses
- Sales representatives
- Visual merchandisers