Program Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Associate of Science in Business degree will be able to:
Team Work - Collaboration
- Demonstrate teamwork fundamentals through participation and mutual accountability.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and productively participate in group situations.
Accounting Knowledge and Skills
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles in preparing financial records and statements.
- Perform various steps in the accounting cycle.
- Apply steps taken in preparing financial statements for sole proprietorship, partnership, and corporate business entities.
- Describe the importance and limitations of internal controls and managementís responsibility in establishing adequate controls.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to define, describe, and explain basic economics principles that may affect business.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and synthesize the functional areas of business to make sound decisions.
Click here to view Institutional Learning Outcomes.
No course substitutions will be allowed. The Arkansas Department of Higher Education has approved this degree plan as listed.
- Students should plan to study two hours per week for every one hour in class.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Students should take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
- Students should plan electives early to ensure completion of courses within the desired time frame.
Specific business courses are often required as pre-requisites for upper-division business courses at four-year institutions. These courses vary by institution. To ensure that the business electives selected will meet the requirements at a specific four-year institution, the student should contact the transfer institution.