Program Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Technical Certificate in Drafting will be able to:
- Use AutoCad software to complete construction documents for a structure or mechanical system.
- Use Revit software to complete documents for a commercial or residential structure.
- Use Inventor software to complete construction documents for a mechanical system.
Click here to view Institutional Learning Outcomes.
The drafting program at UACCM examines a wide range of drafting and design experiences to better prepare students for entry-level positions in the drafting industry. The program introduces students to the drafting profession, principles, and the technology used within the different drafting fields.
AR Futures Grant
Looking for a way to pay your tuition and fees? This program is one of the qualifying certificate or degree programs for the Arkansas Future Grant. Click the logo above to learn more and apply.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.
- Students should take classes when offered as some classes are only offered certain semesters.
- Prospective drafters should be able to do detailed work accurately and neatly.
- Students should have a basic understanding of mathematical concepts, including geometry and trigonometry, as well as computer skills.
- Drafters should have good interpersonal skills, because they work closely with engineers, surveyors, architects, and other professionals.
Graduates are employed as:
- Architectural designers
- AutoCAD technicians
- Drafting technicians
- Drafting designers
- Structural steel detailers
- Structural technicians