Program Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Certificate of Proficiency in Welding Technology will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe tool usage and material handling techniques.
- Set up, use, and maintain GMAW equipment.
- Set up, use, and maintain SMAW equipment.
Click here to view Institutional Learning Outcomes.
The Welding program provides instruction in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), as well as blueprint reading and layout techniques. Students may complete a Certificate of Proficiency, Technical Certificate, and/or A.A.S. in welding.
AR Futures Grant
Looking for a way to pay your tuition and fees? This program is one of the qualifying certificate or degree programs for the Arkansas Future Grant. Click the logo above to learn more and apply.
Graduates are employed as:
- Pipeline construction
- Metal fabrication
- Manufacturing firms
- Industrial companies for equipment repair
- Shielded metal arc welding
- Structural welding
- Students should be advised that welding may ruin outer garments. Students should plan on purchasing several sets of long sleeve shirts and jeans.
- Welding is one of the more physically demanding programs at UACCM.
- Manual dexterity, good eyesight, and good eye-hand coordination are assets. Welders should be able to concentrate on detailed work for long periods.
- Students required to take remedial courses must follow the UACCM Student Success Plan.