This degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution to complete a Kindergarten through Sixth grade or a Middle-Level Education degree. This plan is not a guarantee the student will be admitted into a teacher education program at a four-year institution.
In addition to Associate of Science in Education completion, student must meet minimum requirements of transfer institution’s College of Education to be admitted with junior status.
Students should see their Academic Advisor for the specific plan of study based on the Memorandum of Understanding with the four-year institution to which you will be transferring.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Associate of Science in Education degree will be able to:
Student Development and Learning
- Recognize indicators of development in all domains.
- Identify factors that affect development.
- Create environments to promote positive student development.
- Define laws that protect all learners.
- Rectify ethical dilemmas.
- Define the role of professional organizations in the field of education.
- Demonstrate respective collaboration.