Academic Clemency/Forgiveness

Academic clemency-forgiveness is a provision designed to help students who, because of personal crisis, immaturity, or other exceptional circumstances, have not demonstrated their true abilities in performing college work. This provision is available to students who demonstrate acceptable academic performance following their return.

The following conditions must be met for a student to receive academic clemency/forgiveness:

  • Separation from ALL academic institutions for a period of at least three years.
  • Completion of a minimum of 12 hours of college level courses taken at the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton after reentry with a 2.00 or better grade point average.
  • Formal written request submitted to the Registrar, which should include: semester(s) for which academic clemency/forgiveness is requested; an explanation for consideration; and the student’s signature and date of request.  (Selected courses in a given semester may not be excluded.)
  • Academic clemency/forgiveness can only be requested one time for up to four semesters.

Upon approval by the Registrar, the student will be granted academic clemency on credit earned as a UACCM student.

Please see the UACCM catalog for additional information.

Academic clemency/forgiveness may or may not affect a student’s financial aid eligibility

Academic Records

Students may request academic records by completing the Request Information from Academic File form.  The form can be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by the following methods:

  • May pick up in person. Students must show a Photo ID if picking up a transcript or any information from academic file.
  • Mail to UACCM Registrar’s Office, 1537 University Blvd, Morrilton, AR 72110
  • Email to
  • The signature on the request must match the signature in student’s academic file.  According to Federal Privacy Laws, we are required to verify a student’s signature before processing the request.
  • The request must have the student’s complete Student ID or complete SSN.  According to Federal Privacy Laws, we are required to verify a student’s Student ID or SSN before processing the request. 

Academic Standing

Academic standing covers probation, continued probation, and suspension.


A student will be placed on Academic Probation at the end of a term (fall, spring, or summer) in which the student’s term and cumulative GPA falls below a 2.00.

Continued Probation

A student will remain on probation if the term GPA is a 2.00 or above, but the cumulative GPA is still below 2.00 at the end of any term (fall, spring, or summer).


Students currently on Academic Probation that have a term and cumulative GPA below 2.00 at the end of a term (fall, spring, or summer) will be placed on Academic Suspension.  Students placed on Academic Suspension are not allowed to enroll the following semester.  However, students can appeal their Academic Suspension if they choose to do so.  For more information on this process, please visit with the Registrar’s Office. Click to download the Academic Suspension Appeal Form.

Second Suspension

Students who have been suspended two or more times will have to appeal for re-admittance to UACCM.  To access the Academic Suspension Appeal Form, click on the link above.  For more information regarding Second Suspension, please visit with the Registrar’s Office.

Frequently Asked Questions regarding Probation, Continued Probation, and Suspension

  • Probation is only a warning status.  
  • Continued Probation tells students that they are improving, but there is still room for improvement.
  • Students who appeal their suspension appeal to a committee made up of faculty and staff members.  This committee meets at the end of the fall and spring semester and several times during the summer. 
  • Students on probation, continued probation, suspension or second suspension status are notified by mail.
  • The difference between suspension and second suspension is that a student must appeal before being allowed to return to UACCM for a second suspension.
  • For a first suspension a student may either sit the semester out, or he or she can appeal to the Academic Standards Committee.

Calculating Your GPA

Term GPA is calculated by dividing the number of grade points earned by the number of credit hours completed.  The term GPA includes developmental credit.

Calculating a Cumulative GPA is a simple process of dividing Points by the Divisor.  Grades of AU, CR, P and NC, as well as developmental credit, are excluded from both the points and the divisor.

Attempted Hours

Credit hours for which students earn a grade (excluding grades of AU, P or W).

Credit Hours

The hours assigned to a course.  This number is listed in both the schedule of classes and the catalog and is usually 1 to 5 hours.


Number of (college level) attempted hours at the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton (excluding courses with grades of AU, CR, P or NC).

Earned Hours

Credit hours passed with a grade of D or higher. Pre-college courses such as remedial or developmental courses, are not included in Earned Hours but are used in calculating the term GPA. Transfer credit is not considered in determining the GPA for UACCM.

Grade Value

The numerical value assigned to a grade:

  • A = 4 points
  • B = 3 points
  • C = 2 points
  • D = 1 point
  • F = 0 points 
  • Grade of “I” is also assigned a 0 point value. 


Number of credit hours for a course times the grade value.


When a course in which the student received a substandard grade is repeated, only the last completion will be used in calculation of Cumulative GPA.

Change of Major

Students desiring to change a previously-declared career or degree program should submit a completed and signed Change of Major Form to the Registrar’s Office. Signature on the request must match the signature in student’s academic file. The form must also have an advisor’s signature in order to be processed. Change of Major requests will NOT be processed without both the student’s and advisor’s signature. The form can be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by the following methods:

  • Return in person to Office of the Registrar, UC 215, 1537 University Blvd., Morrilton, AR 72110
  • Email to  or (requires both student and advisor signatures).
  • Fax to 501-354-7566 (requires both student and advisor signatures)

Course Add/Withdrawal

Adding a Class

Students can only add classes during the scheduled registration times. This must be done through the advising center or with their advisor.

Complete Withdrawal

Students who choose not to attend the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton after they have enrolled in courses must officially withdraw. Failure to officially withdraw may result in the student receiving failing grades and having financial charges applied to the student’s account. 

Dropping a Class

Students can withdraw from a class through the Registrar’s Office. They must complete a Course Withdrawal Form before a class can be dropped. Once the semester has begun, students must complete the following steps to withdraw:

  1. Complete the student portion (top half) of the Course Withdrawal Form.
  2. For complete withdrawals, students must return any outstanding materials and obtain a signature from the Library. This signature is not required on partial drops.
  3. Students with financial aid (loans, grants, or scholarships) must obtain a signature from the Financial Aid Office.
  4. Students must obtain a signature from Student Accounts personnel who can also answer any questions pertaining to refund dates.
  5. Return the form to the Registrar’s Office for processing. 

Students may be dropped with a 100% refund in tuition and fees by submitting a Course Withdrawal Form or written request to the Registrar’s by the last business day prior to the beginning of the term.  The only signature required is the student.

The Registrar’s Office will NOT COMPLETE the withdrawal until the Registrar's Office receives a completed signed request.

Last dates to withdraw can be found in the front of the UACCM Catalog, on the Academic Calendar, and on the Registrar’s Portal.     

Frequently Asked Questions regarding Course Add/Withdrawal

  • When students drop a class, the grade of a “W” will appear on their UACCM transcript.  Even though this appears on their transcript, it does not calculate in their GPA. 
  • “W” means that the student initiated the drop.  “AW” means that the instructor initiated the drop.   “AW” does not calculate into the GPA.
  • When a student drops a class once the semester has begun, the cashier’s office must sign the form.  If the student has financial aid, the financial aid office must sign the form, and if it is a complete drop, the library must also sign the form.

Enrollment / Degree Verification


Students needing verification of enrollment at UACCM, should submit the form below. This form requires the student’s signature and must be mailed. Students may also pick up a verification in the Registrar’s office by showing their photo ID.

Certification of Enrollment Request


To conveniently serve companies/organizations needing enrollment/degree awarded data, UACCM has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for around the clock verification accessibility.

You may also contact the Clearinghouse by:

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Annual FERPA Notification

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. Once a student reaches 18 years of age or attends a postsecondary institution, he or she becomes an “eligible student,” and all rights formerly given to parents under FERPA transfer to the student. The student has the right to:

  • Inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the College receiving a request for access.
  • Request that the student’s education records that he/she believes are inaccurate or misleading be amended.
  • Consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
  • File a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by University of Arkansas Community College in Morrilton to comply with the requirements of FERPA.

The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is:

Family Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
600 dependence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-4605

The UACCM website,, provides a copy of students’ rights under the act and the procedure for filing complaints.

Inspection and Review of Educational Records

Students should submit to the Registrar written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. The Registrar may respond or forward the request to the appropriate College official who will make arrangements for access and notify the students of the time and place where the records may be inspected within 45 days of the request.

Request for Correction or Amendments to Educational Records

Students may ask the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. The student should identify in writing to the Registrar the part of the record he/she believes is inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of his/her privacy or other rights. The letter should also specify why they believe the information to be inaccurate. This right cannot be used to challenge a grade. See the change of grade policy for details.

If the UACCM decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment.

Upon request, UACCM will arrange for a hearing and notify the student reasonably in advance of the date, place, and time of the hearing. The hearing will be conducted by a hearing officer who may be an official of UACCM. The student shall be afforded a full and fair opportunity to present evidence relevant to the issues raised in the original request to amend the student’s educational records and may be assisted by other individuals.

UACCM will prepare a written decision based solely on the evidence presented and the reasons for the decision.

If UACCM decides that the challenged information is not inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of the student’s right of privacy, it will notify the student that he/she has a right to place in the record a statement commenting on the challenged information and/or a statement setting forth reasons for disagreeing with the decision. The statement will be maintained as part of the student’s educational record along with the contested portion of the record.

If UACCM decides that the information is inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of the student’s right of privacy, it will amend the record and notify the student in writing that the record has been amended.

Directory Information

The primary purpose of directory information is to allow UACCM to include information from the student’s education records in certain school publications for student recognition, honor roll, and graduation programs. Directory information is generally not considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if released and can be disclosed to outside organizations without a student’s prior written consent.

UACCM has designated the following information as directory information:

Student’s name, address, telephone, electronic mail address, photograph, date of birth, major field of study, dates of enrollment, grade level, participation in recognized activities and sports, certificates and/or degrees received, honors and recognition awards received, and most recent school attended. UACCM may disclose any of these items without prior written consent, unless notified in writing to the contrary prior to disclosure. To prevent disclosure of “directory information,” you must notify the UACCM Registrar’s Office in writing. Student notification is only effective for one semester or summer term.

Disclosure of Educational Records

One exception which permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to “school officials” with “legitimate educational interests.”

  • A student is defined as any person who attends or has attended UACCM.
  • Educational records are defined as records that contain information directly related to a student and which are maintained by an educational agency or institution or by a party acting for the agency or institution.
  • A school official is a person employed by UACCM in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel); a person or company with whom the College has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, collection agent, internship agreement, or verification agencies such as a National Student Clearinghouse); a person serving on the Board; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.
  • A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.

Additionally, educational records and personal information may be released in the following circumstances:

  • To comply with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena, upon the condition that UACCM makes a reasonable effort to notify the student in advance of the release of records.
  • Emergency situations, if knowledge of personal information is necessary to protect the health and safety of a student or other person(s).
  • UACCM is required to comply with military requests for student information, in accordance with the Solomon Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, 1995/1996, and the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act, 1997.
  • To certain officials of the U.S. Department of Education, the Comptroller General, and state and local educational authorities, in connection with certain state or federally supported educational programs.
  • To the parents of a student less than 21 years of age; information regarding the student’s violation of law or policy governing the use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance.
  • In connection with the student’s request for a receipt of financial aid, as necessary to determine eligibility, amount or conditions of the financial aid, or to enforce the terms and conditions of the aid.
  • The results of any disciplinary proceedings to the alleged victim of a crime of violence.
  • To organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school.
  • To accrediting organizations to carry out their functions.
  • Upon request, UACCM may disclose educational records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll.

Privacy Rights of Students

Under FERPA, a school is not generally required to maintain particular educational records or education records that contain specific information. Rather, a school is required to provide certain privacy protections for those educational records that it does maintain. Also, unless there is an outstanding request by an eligible “student” to inspect and review education records, FERPA permits the school to destroy such records without notice to the student.

Right of UACCM to Refuse Access

The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton reserves the right to refuse the student access to the following records that are not considered to be Educational Records under FERPA:

  • Financial statement - of the student’s parents.
  • Letters and statements of recommendation - for which the student has waived his or her right of access.
  • Personal records - kept by a faculty/staff member in the personal possession of the individual who made the record, and information contained in the record has never been revealed or made available to any other person except the maker’s temporary substitute.
  • Employment records - of an individual whose employment is not contingent on the fact that he or she is a student, provided the record is used only in relation to the individual’s employment.
  • Medical or mental health records – treatment records maintained separately from educational records.
  • Law enforcement records – kept by the campus law enforcement unit and must be:
    • Maintained separately from educational records.
    • Maintained solely for law enforcement purposes.
    • Disclosed only to law enforcement officials of the same jurisdiction.

Record of Requests for Disclosure of Information

The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton will maintain a record of written requests for disclosure of information from a student’s educational records. The record will indicate the name or the party making the request, any additional party to whom it may be re-disclosed, and the legitimate interests the party had in requesting or obtaining the information. The record may be reviewed by eligible students or individuals designated in writing by the student.

Transfer Credit

Degree seeking students must provide official transcripts from every college/university attended.   Once transfer credit has been evaluated, student’s may view the unofficial transcript on Campus Connect as well as Degree Audit.

  • UACCM will recognize transfer credit from a U.S. institution provided that the institution is accredited by one of the six U.S. regional accreditation associations. 
  • UACCM will accept courses that are approved for transfer by ADHE through the Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS). The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) provides comparable course information to facilitate student transfer within the Arkansas public colleges and universities.  Additional information and the list of courses that transfer between institutions can be found on the ACTS website.   
  • Transfer credit for coursework from institutions outside the U.S. will be considered on an individual basis. Students seeking transfer of credit from a foreign college/university must complete a credential evaluation through a company authorized by the UACCM Registrar’s Office.

The following are not accepted for general transfer credit:

  • Courses taken at a non-accredited school or one whose accreditation is not recognized
  • Remedial / developmental / pre-college level courses
  • Professional development courses
  • Continuing education units

Transfer Credit

The Registrar’s Office will award one the Admissions Office receives the transcript.  The Registrar’s office will only award transfer credit from accredited institutions for courses with grades of “C” or better.  Although accepted by UACCM, a transfer credit may not be applicable toward degree requirements for your specific major.

Grade of “D” Transfer

Students may request up to six hours of a grade of “D” to be transferred from another accredited institution.  There is a Grade of “D” Transfer Request Form that students must complete.  For more information, please see the Registrar’s Office regarding guidelines for this process.  To assess the form, click on the link below.

Other Types of Credit Accepted

AP Credit

High School students who have participated in The College Board’s AP Program may receive college credit by attaining UACCM’s AP qualifying score.   

CLEP Credit

The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) allows students to earn credit towards completion of a certificate and/or degree at UACCM.  

Departmental Exam

Students may receive credit for technical course by successfully completing the departmental exam for a course. 

Prior Learning Credit

Students are given the opportunity to receive academic credit from seminars or specialized training, including military training. 

Articulated Credit

High school students taking career and technical education courses in high school may receive credit if they earn a “B” or higher in courses that have been articulated between UACCM and their high school.  

For more information on transfer credit, AP, CLEP, Departmental Exams, Prior Learning for Articulated credit, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

Frequently Asked Questions regarding Transfer Credit

  • Students interested in what will transfer to UACCM from other Arkansas institutions can check out the Arkansas Course Transfer Systems (ACTS).  This page is accessible from the hope page of the Arkansas Department of Higher Education.  The web address is   This is the best source of information on course equivalencies for students.  Students may click on the “Course Transfer (ACTS) link and the “Student” link to compare courses from any two public institutions in the state.
  • Accreditations that UACCM accepts are:  EH (New England Association of Schools and Colleges), M (Middle States Associations of Colleges and Schools), NH (North Central Association of Colleges and Schools), NW (Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities), SC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), WC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges), and WJ (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
  • Only six hours of “D’s” may be transferred.
  • AP and CLEP credit cannot be accepted on a high school or college transcript.  The Registrar’s Office must see the official scores.
  • There is a fee for departmental exams.  Students must pay the fee at the Cashier’s window before taking the departmental exam.  Please check with the Cashier’s window regarding fees for the exams.
  • Students must request Articulated Credit within 15 months after graduation from high school.  Students requesting credit must visit with Linda Jaramillo, Director of Academic Initiatives. 
  • Technical Courses are normally not transferable.  Students must request technical hours through the dean for the student’s major.  Only general education courses are transferred through the Registrar’s Office.  For questions regarding transfer courses, students should visit with the Registrar’s Office.

Transcript Request

We now offer multiple ways of requesting a transcripts.

In Person

Request at the Registrar’s Office in room 215 of the University Center Building. To pick up paper transcripts, students must show a Photo ID. There is no charge for this type of request.

For pick up by another

Individuals other than the student picking up a transcript must provide a Transcript Request Form or authorization form signed by the student giving them permission for release of the transcript.  They must also show a Photo ID at time of pick-up.  There is no charge for this type of request.

Request mail

Complete and sign a Transcript Request Form and submit the form to the Registrar’s Office.  There is no charge for this type of request. Mail the form to Office of the Registrar, 1537 University Blvd., Morrilton, AR 72110

Transcripts mailed or submitted electronically to the receiving institution are classified as “official.”  Transcripts faxed or printed from Campus Connect are classified as “unofficial."

The signature on the request must match the signature in student’s academic file.  According to Federal Privacy Laws, we are required to verify a student’s signature before processing the request.

Requests must have the student’s complete Student ID or complete SSN.  According to Federal Privacy Laws, we are required to verify a student’s Student ID or SSN before processing the request. 

Request forms will not be processed for students who have holds on their accounts.