Important Message to Applicants
UACCM job application system is scheduled for a substantial upgrade on July 1, 2020. Positions posted before June 15 are available below. Check the status of applications submitted for positions prior to June 15 by contacting the HR department.
Adjunct Instructor Positions: Psychology, English, Mathematics, History, Business, Sociology, Speech
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton has openings for adjunct instructors for the Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters.
Adjunct faculty members work under the direct supervision of the appropriate Academic Dean. Adjunct instructors are professionals with the responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for our students. Adjunct faculty members are employed on a semester to semester basis to teach credit courses.
Brief Description Of Instructor Duties:
- Provide instruction on course related materials using innovative teaching strategies and methods
- Provide academic advising to students
- Develop courses
- Participate on college committees
- Other duties as assigned
Evening class assignments may be required. Successful candidates must have a commitment to working cooperatively with other campus personnel to fulfill the Mission of the College and have the ability to deliver quality student service.
- Master’s Degree with 18 graduate hours in related field
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of computers and their applications
- Prior teaching experience in a higher education setting
- Letter of introduction
- Resume’ (should include the names of immediate supervisors in previous positions)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Copies of all college transcripts (unofficial)
- Three professional references with current contact information
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Adjunct Faculty - Nursing Clinicals
Instructor Duties And Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Supervise students in the clinical and/or simulation setting.
- Maintain student attendance and records as directed.
- Document successful and unsuccessful performance in the clinical/simulation situation.
- Assist in the evaluation process and grading of student performance.
- Attend faculty meetings as determined by the Program Director and/or Program Chair.
- Attend and participate in advisory committee meetings as scheduled by the applicable ARNEC institution.
- Participate in the systematic evaluation process of the nursing program.
- Maintain working knowledge in the teaching and nursing field by attending workshops, continuing education opportunities, and professional development.
- Adhere to the ARNEC Program Guide, Student Guide, and Syllabi for all ARNEC students. Adhere to institutional policies in effect at UACCM.
- Serve as a positive role model for students, staff, and colleagues
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical protocol, procedures, and standards within area of nursing expertise.
- Technical leadership skills within area of expertise.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of organization skills with the ability to provide information/reports quickly
- Able to travel to clinical sites and work assigned number of hours
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications
- Valid and unencumbered Arkansas Registered Nurse license
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Working knowledge of the rules, regulations, principles, and policies or various areas of nursing
- Current TB skin test (negative result) and CPR certification (HealthcareProvider)
- A minimum of (1) year of clinical nurse experience
Successful candidates must have a commitment to working cooperatively with other campus personnel to fulfill the Mission of the College and have the ability to deliver quality student service.
- Cover letter of introduction
- Resume (include the names of immediate supervisors in current and previous positions)
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Unofficial copies of transcripts
- List of at least three professional references with current contact information.
Review of applications is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled.