The UACCM high school and home school concurrent programs are opportunities for advanced or gifted high school and home school students to enroll in college courses to enhance or compliment their studies. High school students may concurrently enroll for credit courses by meeting the criteria below.
- summer 1 – Friday, May 29, 2020
- summer 2 – Monday, June 22, 2020
- Fall – Wednesday, August 5, 2020
- Spring – Monday, January 4, 2021
- *High School Permit to Register Form
- *Results of ACT or ACCUPLACER testing.
- *Official High School Transcript
- Immunization Record (2 MMRs)
Verify that your school has a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with UACCM
An MOU allows UACCM to enroll you as a concurrent student.
Complete a UACCM Application for Admission Online.
High School Concurrent Application Deadlines:
Submit the Following Documents:
*These documents needed prior to admission and receipt of financial aid
- Eligible students must have completed the 8th grade and be enrolled in an accredited high school or have met the Arkansas Department of Education regulations for Home School enrollment. Each semester, the student must complete a High School Permit to Register Form and obtain the approval of the high school principal, counselor, or superintendent or, for home school students, the parent/guardian/teacher.
- Students must be between 16 and 19 years of age to participate in the concurrent enrollment program.
- Students must complete all of the admission requirements for the College.
- Students must achieve the minimum ACT scores of 15 in Reading, English, and Mathematics or equivalent test.
- Students must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.25 or higher.
- Students must complete New Student Orientation. If this orientation is not attended, students will be enrolled in an orientation course and be required to pay one credit hour tuition and fees.
- Students and a parent/guardian must attend High School Concurrent Meeting before the semester begins. If this meeting is not attended by both the parent/guardian and student, the student will be dropped from their courses.
- To continue participating in the UACCM High School and Home School Concurrent Enrollment Program, the student must achieve at least a 2.00 semester grade point average at UACCM. Students that do not maintain the minimum semester grade point average will not be allowed to enroll at UACCM for a period of one semester.
- Students concurrently enrolled will be classified as non-degree seeking and will not be eligible for federal financial aid. This will not prevent concurrent students from completing a certificate or degree.
- Students enrolled concurrently may not enroll for more than fifteen (15) hours during any semester.
- Students enrolled concurrently may not enroll in remedial courses.
- Students enrolled concurrently will be required to comply with the College policies and procedures.
Students must meet the criteria for their program of study to enroll in courses (i.e. General Education or CTE).
- Before enrolling in courses, students must satisfactorily complete the following:
- Any prerequisites, including current placement scores.
- Achieve the minimum ACT score of 19 in reading to enroll in any general education course.
- Achieve the minimum ACT score of 19 in reading and English to enroll in any general education English course.
- Achieve the minimum ACT score of 19 in reading and math to enroll in Quantitative Literacy.
- Achieve the minimum ACT score of 19 in reading and 20 in math to enroll in College Algebra.
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.50 or higher.
- Students enrolled concurrently will have all mandatory fees waived by UACCM. Payment of tuition, course specific fees (if any), and books will be the responsibility of the student unless these costs are paid by the high school, a grant, a private foundation, or other external entity. All arrangements for receiving concurrent high school credit are the responsibility of the students and/or the high schools.
Career and Technical Education (CTE):
- Before enrolling in courses, students must satisfactorily complete any prerequisites, including current placement scores.
- Home school students must be enrolled through the local school district in which they live in in order to considered a UACCM Career Center student.
- CTE students enrolled concurrently will have all mandatory fees waived by UACCM, unless documented as a UACCM Career Center student. Payment of tuition, mandatory and/or course specific fees (if any), and books will be the responsibility of the student unless these costs are paid by the high school, UACCM Career Center, a grant, a private foundation, or other external entity. All arrangements for receiving concurrent high school credit are the responsibility of the students and/or the high schools.
The Vice Chancellor for Academic Services reserves the right to waive any of the above requirements and allow the student to enroll.
†Student must be a U.S. citizen or legal non-citizen to be eligible for mandatory fee waiver.
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton (UACCM) is committed to providing an environment that emphasizes the dignity and worth of every member of its community and that is free from harassment and discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran status, sex, age, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability or genetic information. UACCM, in making decisions regarding student admissions and other functions and operations, adheres to a policy of non-discrimination.