- Career Pathways
- Employment Engines
Your Path to a Brighter Future
Arkansas Career Pathways is a grant-funded program that allows UACCM to offer qualifying individuals free career training and assistance in earning a technical degree. Career Pathways may be able to help you overcome the barriers that have kept you from getting the training and education you need to succeed in today's world.
- Book Loan Assistance
- Childcare (Limited assistance available)
- Transportation Assistance
- Tuition Assistance (Limited assistance available)
- Class Supplies and Tools
- Testing Fees
Arkansas Career Pathways Funded Services may be available if enrolled in the following and you are determined eligible:
- Short-Term Certificate Programs - Workforce
- Two-Year Degree Programs
- Career Coaching
- Career Placement Opportunities
- Employability Skills Workshops
To be a Career Pathways student, you must:
- Be a current Arkansas Resident
- Income must be at or below 250 percent of the federal poverty level
- Have a child under the age of 21 living in the home
- Not have a previously earned college degree
- Be currently enrolled at UACCM in an approved degree or workforce training program
- Choose a UACCM major that is Career Pathways eligible
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or above
- Have employment as your immediate goal upon receiving a certificate or degree from UACCM
Career Pathways Student Requirements
Mandatory One-On-One Meeting
All Career Pathways students will be required to meet with Career Pathways staff in person once during both the fall and spring semesters. Meetings will be scheduled in thirty-minutes intervals. Students will be notified when to sign up for a time slot. Meetings will be held during October for the fall semester and April during the spring semester.
Monthly Check In
Students must check in on a monthly basis either in person in the Career Pathways office or online through the Career Pathways Check In Form.
Students are required to complete the Planning for Employment (P4E) Workshop by the end of the first semester on Career Pathways or complete a Career Readiness Certificate from the Division of Workforce Services (See more information below). All other semesters, students are required to attend and/or complete one employability workshop or two Career Pathways approved activities.
All students must check campus email no less frequently than twice per week.
Follow on Facebook
All students are highly encouraged to follow UACCM Career Pathways on Facebook. Information and updates on the program are posted on the facebook page. Click here to view the UACCM Career Pathways facebook page.
Return Borrowed Supplies
If you have any equipment that was loaned out to you in previous semesters (calculator, tape recorder, etc.), please return these items to the CP office by the last day of finals week.
Return Borrowed Books
Books must be returned by the designated day (date TBA). Failure to return books, or books returned in poor condition, may result in a charge to your student account.
Career Readiness Certificate
The Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) is a nationally recognized portable credential that confirms to employers that an individual possesses basic workplace skills in Reading for Information, Applied Math, and Locating Information; skills that all jobs require. The CRC is a credential based upon the ACT WorkKeys® assessments that confirms to employers that a job seeker possesses the basic workplace skills required for 21st century jobs. The amount of time needed to complete this certificate depends on the abilities you possess upon entry to Career Pathways.
The Career Readiness Certificate offers four award levels:
- Bronze Score of 4 or higher on all parts
- Silver Score of 5 or higher on all parts
- Gold Score of 6 or higher on all parts
- Platinum Score of 7 on all parts
All students must complete the required testing and training modules, preparing them for the CRC. Students must be registered for the CRC training module by a Career Pathways staff member, and students are encouraged to work through the modules on campus or at the UACCM Adult Ed. Center. After all required modules have been completed, students will be required to go to the local Workforce Center to get a CRC test voucher. Students will then make an appointment with the UACCM Testing Services(501-977-2060) to take the test for certification. Test time is 3 hours. Upon completion, students will receive a certificate with one of the four award levels mentioned above.
Attainment of the CRC or Career Pathway Employability Certificate by the end of the first current semester which a student is enrolled in the CP program is a requirement to be considered eligible for continuation of funded services.
For more information please contact the Career Pathways Office.
Applications are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
Alternatively, a student may be enrolled in an eligible workforce training program
Eligible Majors at UACCM
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology
- Automotive Service Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology
- Business: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Business: Technical Certificate
- Computer Information Systems Technology
- Early Childhood Development
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Registered Nursing
- Pre-Nursing: Associate of General Studies
- Welding Technology