UACCM Student

Grievances and Complaints


Any alleged non-academic grievance which a student, including an online student, may have regarding a college employee, policy, or procedure may be considered under this policy.

These would include grievances under any of the following: Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975. This policy does not apply to matters covered by other campus policies, including, but not limited to: allegations of sexual discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and misconduct complaints under the UACCM Title IX policy, financial aid appeals, or violations of the UACCM Student Code of Conduct.

Refer to the Academic Honor Code or Academic Appeals Policy for academic grievances, such as appealing a grade.

Informal Resolution

Students should attempt to seek resolution informally by discussing the grievance with the person responsible for the action, interpretation, or application of the policy or procedure leading to the problem. If the grievance is with an employee, the student should attempt to seek resolution by speaking with the employee’s supervisor.

Formal Resolution

If the grievance remains unresolved by informal means the student may seek formal resolution by submitting a written complaint to the Vice Chancellor for Student Services.

Student Complaint Resolution Steps

  1. The student must submit in writing within 5 business days of unsatisfactory completion of the informal resolution process the complaint to the Vice Chancellor for Student Services. The student must include the date(s) informal resolution was sought, specific details describing the complaint, and specific remedies sought. If the complaint is with the Vice Chancellor for Student Services, the student must submit the written complaint to the Chancellor.
  2. The Vice Chancellor for Student Services has 10 business days from receipt of the written complaint in which to investigate and respond to the student in written form.
  3. If not satisfied with the resolution of the Vice Chancellor for Student Services, the student may appeal to the Chancellor within 5 business days from receipt of the Vice Chancellor for Student Services’ response.
  4. The Chancellor has 5 business days from receipt of the written appeal to respond in writing to the student. The on-campus decision of the Chancellor is final.

External Complaint Resolution

If a grievance cannot be resolved internally within the College, a student may file a complaint with the Arkansas Division of Higher Education (ADHE). Arkansas residents must file complaints in writing with the ICAC Coordinator, Arkansas Division of Higher Education (ADHE), 423 Main Street, Suite 400, Little Rock, AR 72201, within 20 days of completing the institution’s grievance process. As required by ADHE, the grievant must provide a statement from the institution verifying that the institution’s appeal process has been followed. ADHE inquiries are limited to course/degree programs certified by the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board (AHECB) under Ark. Code 6-6-301 and to matters related to criteria for certification. For other states, the Student Complaint Process is available on the Arkansas Division of Higher Education website must be filed online. Students may also contact the Higher Learning Commission, which is the College’s accrediting body, at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, or at or 1-800-621-7440.

The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights (OCR) enforces civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability and age in programs or activities. Students may submit a grievance or complaint directly to OCR at  Visit the OCR website for details.