What is the difference between Online Orientation and On-Campus Orientation?
Online Orientation is completed through our online course system, Blackboard. The content for On-Campus Orientation and Online Orientation is similar. The primary difference in the two types of Orientation is that students completing On-Campus Orientation have the chance to see the campus and meet their advisors and peers before class begins. There is no On-Campus Orientation option for the Summer or May Sessions.
What happens if I don’t attend orientation?
If you are registered for the summer 1, summer 2 or May Intersession and you fail to complete Orientation, you will be dropped from your classes. If you are registered for Fall or Spring Semesters and you fail to complete Orientation, you will be enrolled in ACAD 0001 College Orientation and will be required to pay for one credit hour of tuition and fees. You will not be allowed to drop this course unless you withdraw from the college.
Who is required to complete orientation?
All first-time entering freshman, transfer students, concurrent students, and re-admitted students — having not attended for five years or more or having left UACCM in academic suspension or probation — enrolling at UACCM are required to complete a New Student College Orientation prior to the beginning of the semester.
Can my parent/guardian/friend attend orientation with me?
No. Orientation is the opportunity for you to take charge of your academic journey. No one will be allowed to accompany you to Orientation.
How do I find my Online Orientation?
To access the Online Orientation:
- Using an internet browser, go to https://uaccm.blackboard.com/.
- Log in to Blackboard with your UACCM username and password:
- To create your UACCM username and password, use the following formula:
- Username: first initial + middle initial + lastname + last 3 of student ID
- Password: First initial (uppercase) + entire StudentID
- For example, John C. Doe (student ID #999004321) would have a username of JCDoe321and a password of J999004321
- Please note that the password is case sensitive.
What if I can’t access my blackboard account?
If you are unable to access your blackboard account, contact the Kristen Cooke at firstname.lastname@example.org.