UACCM Financial Aid

Veteran Benefits (GI Bill®)

GI Bill®

If you, your spouse, or your dependents think you may be entitled to benefits, please go to the Veterans Benefits Administration webpage for more information or contact the Financial Aid Office. In accordance with Title 38 US code 3679©, this educational institution adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post-9/11 G.I Bill ® (Ch. 33) or Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA. This educational institution will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment;
  • Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
  • Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
  • Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for the provision, such students may be required to:

  • Produce the VA Certification of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
  • Provide a Veterans Educational Benefits Request for Certification form to be certified each semester;
  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies

Checklist for Incoming Veterans

    • Step 1

      If on active duty, have enrollment approved by base Education Services Officer (ESO), and service verified by commanding officer.

      Step 2

      Complete the admission process.

      Admission Requirements

      You must be fully admitted before financial aid will be awarded.

      Step 3

      Apply for federal aid. (i.e., Pell grant, loans, and work study. Also required for most state scholarships or grants)

      Create an Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) and password and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). Your FSA ID serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records. You will need your FSA ID to access your federal student aid records online in order to view or make changes to your records. Dependent students will also be required to have a parent create their own FSA ID and password.

      While completing the FAFSA®, be sure to add UACCM's code 005245.

      Suggested FAFSA® Deadlines:

      • June 1 — To begin receiving aid in Fall
      • November 1 — To begin receiving aid in Spring
      • April 1 — To begin receiving aid in Summer

      Students must reapply for the next academic year (fall to summer) prior to that fall semester.

      Step 4

      Apply for VA benefits.

      VA benefits include: Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserves, REAP, Dependents' Educational Assistance/Survivors Benefits, and Fry Scholarship.

      Step 5

      Submit a copy of Certificate of Eligibility received from the VA, and complete and submit a Veterans Educational Benefits Request for Certification

      Note: this form will need to be completed each semester for which benefits are requested.

      Step 6

      Check for and submit other required paperwork.

      Watch for emails from the Financial Aid Office to the address listed on FAFSA requesting documentation or login to CampusConnect > Acct Info > Review Financial Aid approximately a week after you submit the FAFSA® to see what related paperwork must be submitted.

      Examples of supporting documents that may be requested:

      • UACCM Admissions Requirements (Call 501-977-2053 to check your status.)
      • Verification worksheet
      • IRS tax return transcript
      • W-2s
      • Evidence of child support
      • Parent(s) IRS tax return transcript (if dependent student)
      • Parent(s) W-2s (if dependent student)

      If supporting documents do not match the information submitted on the FAFSA®, it will delay completing your Pell grant award and any loans. Additional documentation may then be required.

      Step 7

      Book advising appointment to establish an educational plan and register for classes.

      Advising/Registration Dates

      Visit the Advising webpage to determine when appointments are available and instructions on how to schedule an appointment.

      Note: Tuition Assistance (TA) will only pay for classes taken within your chosen degree plan

      Step 8

      If the cost of classes is not completely covered, pay for remaining costs in full or set up a payment plan.

      Pay in person by visiting the Student Accounts window in the University Center.

      Payment Plan instructions

      (Post 9/11 receiving 100%  benefits and VA Rehab do not need to do this step.)

      Step 9

      Begin and attend classes!


Service members can apply for disability compensation and rehabilitation benefits by completing form 28-1900 and forwarding it to the Veterans Administration. The form can be obtained at

Veteran students may have their benefit checks electronically deposited to the student's bank account. If you prefer to receive your VA check by direct deposit, you can call 877-838-2778 with your account information or online through the W.A.V.E. system at