The Federal Work Study (FWS) Program provides funds for part-time employment to assist eligible students with financing their college costs. FWS wages are funded by the federal government through the U.S. Department of Education and are paid twice a month by check or direct deposit through the UACCM Payroll Department. FWS is a need-based program; therefore, not all students can qualify. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information about FWS or to check your eligibility.
Checklist for Federal Work Study Applicants
- June 1 — To begin receiving aid in Fall
- November 1 — To begin receiving aid in Spring
- April 1 — To begin receiving aid in Summer
- UACCM Admissions Requirements (Call 501-977-2053 to check your status.)
- Verification worksheet
- IRS tax return transcript
- Evidence of child support
- Parent(s) IRS tax return transcript (if dependent student)
- Parent(s) W-2s (if dependent student)
Apply for federal aid. (i.e., Pell grant, loans, and work study. Also required for most state scholarships or grants)
Create an Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) and password and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). Your FSA ID serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records. You will need your FSA ID to access your federal student aid records online in order to view or make changes to your records. Dependent students will also be required to have a parent create their own FSA ID and password.
While completing the FAFSA, be sure to add UACCM's code 005245.
Suggested FAFSA Deadlines:
Students must reapply for the next academic year (fall to summer) prior to that fall semester.
Check for and submit other required paperwork.
Watch for emails from the Financial Aid Office to the address listed on FAFSA requesting documentation or login to CampusConnect > Acct Info > Review Financial Aid approximately a week after you submit the FAFSA® to see what related paperwork must be submitted.
Examples of supporting documents that may be requested:
If supporting documents do not match the information submitted on the FAFSA, it will delay completing your Pell grant award and any loans. Additional documentation may then be required.
Complete a Federal Work Study Application
Eligibility will be determined at this point or an award will appear on the student's Financial Aid award letter. Keep in mind that a Federal Work Study award does not guarantee those funds as the student must be chosen by a supervisor for a position.
Contact the Department Supervisor listed below that has an available job opening for an interview.
If chosen for a position, the hiring supervisor or Financial Aid Office will contact you to complete a Federal Work Study hiring packet.
Earle Love Child Study Center Extra Help Child Care Technician
The Work-Study Part-Time Child Care Technician works under the supervision of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Services and the direct supervision of the Director of Earle Love Child Study Center. The part-time child-care technician is responsible for providing direct care for toddler and pre-school children enrolled in the facility. This position is governed by institution policy.
Earle Love Child Study Center is open year-round, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Work Study schedules vary, but are no more than 28 hours per week.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing personal care for toddler and pre-school children in the child care facility such as feeding, diapering, and assisting with personal hygiene.
- Directing recreational activities and engaging toddler and pre-school children in learning activities.
- Assisting lead classroom teachers with instructional activities and classroom prep.
- Maintaining records concerning daily activities and personal progress of toddler and pre-school children.
- Cleaning and upkeep of the facility areas such as laundry, kitchen duties, etc.
- Performing related responsibilities as required or assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma. Experience in child care a plus. Must be willing to become CPR certified. Knowledge of Arkansas Minimum Licensing Requirement for Child Care Centers, Better Beginnings Requirements, and ITERS/ECERS guidelines is a plus.
The successful candidate must have a commitment to working cooperatively with all campus personnel to fulfill the Mission of UACCM, and can deliver confidential and quality customer services.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check.
In addition to any Financial Aid paperwork, you are required to submit a standard UACCM employment application. Additionally, online training will be required before you begin working in accordance with DHS Childcare Guidelines.
Contact: Adrianne Crow
Academic Commons Library Aide I
The UACCM Federal Work Study Library Aide I, works under the supervision of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Services and the direct supervision of the Director of the UACCM Library. Work study schedules vary, but are no more than 28 hours per week.
Hours of Operation
UACCM Academic Commons is open year-round
Monday through Thursday: 7am to 8:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Clerical duties
- Check books in and out
- Shelf books
- Assist students with library databases
- Ability to type, perform related clerical tasks in an office environment
- The successful candidate must have a commitment to working cooperatively with students, faculty, and staff, and can deliver confidential and quality customer service
- Student workers must meet all guidelines of qualifications and have unmet need for Federal Title IV programs
- All Federal Work Study (FWS) positions are subject to a pre-employment background check.
- Students must complete the UACCM Federal Work Study Application and all financial aid paperwork before employment can begin
Contact: Kristen Cooke